The Parents Philanthropy Board (PPB) offers parents and families of UMD undergraduates a unique opportunity to fully engage in the life of the university and play a vital role in enhancing the Terp student experience.
PPB members gain a deeper understanding of UMD through their advisory partnership with the Vice President for Student Affairs and interaction with university leadership and faculty, amazing students, and other engaged families.
In addition, PPB members:
- Participate with an annual gift of $5,000 or more to the Terp Family Fund
- Welcome new UMD families and promote parent involvement and support
- Host or attend regional or on-campus events
- Enjoy the benefits of the UMD Colonnade Society
- Attend two PPB meetings during Family Weekend (October) and Maryland Day (April)
Joining the PPB is an excellent way to be involved, informed and connected! Please contact Carol Lorton, Director, Parent and Family Philanthropy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-405-1694.