Maryland Parents Association
As the parent of a UM student, you are automatically considered a member of the Parents Associationand membership is free!
Working with the Office of Parent and Family Affairs, the Maryland Parents Association gives parents and family members the opportunity to network and provide support for other parents and family members, and to actively participate in the life of the University by serving on the Parent Advisory Council as well as volunteering for various campus events. Participating in the Parents Association is an excellent way to stay connected as a Terp parent and to support the education of your son or daughter.
Benefits of membership include:
- A copy of Terrapin Parentthe University's handbook for parents and families;
- Subscription to eConnectionour monthly e-mail newsletter designed specifically for parents with timely information from campus;
- Being a well-informed parent;
- Opportunity to serve on special committees or contribute to the Parents Initiative Fund;
- Eligibility to serve on the Parent Advisory Council;
- Maryland Parents Association "Terps" Proud Parent car magnet.
Once again, you are automatically considered a member of the Parents Association; however, we request that you activate your membership so you can receive all of the member benefits as described above. Membership is free, so please take the opportunity to activate your membership today.
Click here to activate your membership.