You can always turn to Parent and Family Affairs for support; however, there are also several books we recommend that are filled with useful information, helpful stories, and excellent advice. The following books are all staff-recommended, and parent-tested and approved.
- Letting Go: A Parents' Guide to Understanding the College Years
By Karen Coburn & Madge Treeger
Quill Publishing; 4th Edition (April 2003).
- Don't Tell Me What to Do, Just Send Money: The Essential Parenting Guide to the College Years
By Helen Johnson and Christine Schelhas-Miller
St. Martin's Griffin; May 2000.
- You're On Your Own (But I'm Here if You Need Me): Mentoring Your Child During the College Years
By Marjorie Savage
Simon & Schuster; July 2003.
- Empty Nest…Full Heart: The Journey from Home to College
By Andrea Van Steenhouse
Simpler Life Press; 2nd Edition (April 2002).
- In Addition to Tuition: The Parents' Survival Guide to Freshman Year of College
By Marian Edelman Borden, Mary Anne Burlinson, and Elsie R. Kearns
Checkmark Books; 1996.
- When Your Kid Goes to College: A Parents' Survival Guide
By Carol Barkin
Harper Collins; March 1999.
- Almost Grown: Launching Your Child from High School to College
By Patricia Pasick
W. W. Norton & Company; 2nd Edition (March 1998).